For people who love the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra and Powell Hall and want
to become more involved with SLSO events in our magnificent venue, the SVA’s
Powell Hall Opportunities committee (PHO) is a perfect fit. The PHO volunteers
are an extension of the SLSO staff, providing a welcoming and positive experience
for guests visiting Powell Hall, and supporting Symphony-sponsored education
opportunities for area schools, the community, and the St. Louis Symphony Youth
Orchestra. Here’s a brief summary of PHO’s five teams:
• Education Hosts are friendly faces for area school children and teachers,
providing a warm welcome and assuring safety during weekday education
• Coffee Concert Volunteers create a welcoming atmosphere at Friday morning
coffee concerts. Serving complimentary coffee donated by Kaldi’s, along with
Krispy Kreme donuts, we bring concertgoers together as a community.*
• Group Hosts assist those arriving by shuttle bus for Friday morning coffee
concerts and special holiday season concerts.*
• Our Powell Hall Tour Guides showcase the beauty and historical significance
of the building and share an appreciation of its attributes as a world-class
concert hall, along with its value to the SLSO and St. Louis as a whole. They
also show guests behind-the-scenes, giving an insider’s view of the hall.
• The Youth Orchestra team supports the St. Louis Symphony Youth
Orchestra, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this season. Team members
assist with auditions and orientation, and this year will play a major role in the
YO’s 50th anniversary celebration.
For additional information on the programs or the SVA, contact the SVA Office at
(314) 286-4153 or slso.org/volunteer.
*Volunteers receive a complimentary ticket to the concert.